Echinacea Purpurea Modulates Human T-Cell Cytokine Response
- Polysaccharides, dose-related effects on human T-cell cytokine responses and density.
Immunity: Plants as Effective Mediators
- Plants shown to activate and suppress specialized immune cells, leading to improved immune response and immune system defense, as wells as, promote free radical scavenging and anti-inflammatory activities against cancer. Researchers recommend disclosure of potential interactions between pharmaceutical drugs and botanical herbs for safe use.
- Garlic Allium sativum
- Green tea Camellia sinensis
- Ginger Zingiber officinale
- Purple coneflower Echinacea
- Black cumin Nigella sativa
- Licorice Glycyrrhiza glabra
- St. John's wort Hypericum perforatum
Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2014;54(10):1298-308. Immunity: plants as effective mediators. PMID:24564587
Immunomodulation Mediated by a Herbal Syrup, Containing Echinacea Root Extract
- Demonstration of the immuno-modulating activity of Echinacea angustifolia root extract in the healthy subject, supports at least in part the common use of such products as health promoting supplement.
Heartspring Staff are assistants of board reviewed doctors that are medical editors, authors, and reviewers, providing oversight for Heartspring.net. This article is currently undergoing doctor reveiw.
Plant Remedies Research
Collection of peer-reviewed and published academic papers.