Menopause and and Hormone Health
- Phytoestrogens: Friends or Foes? Natural plant based estrogen called phytoestrogens are presented by Dr. Joseph Raffaele, MD.
- Life Stages and Perimenopause Dr. Horner explains how additional homes are not neede to treat hormonal imbalance, or to reduce the symptoms of perimenopause, premenstrual syndrome, or menopause.
- Natural Medicine for Perimenopause Dr. Marci Scott suggests alternatives to the traditional approach fro treating perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, that include oral birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and antidepressants.
- Menopause Outside the storm of controversy around HRT, synthetic or bio-identical, lies a treasure trove of alternative therapies, used by millions of women, around the world, for thousands of years, for this time in our lives.
- Menopause Treatment Research A collection of studies that using complementary and alternative medications by menopausal women.
- Progesterone Cream What are the benefits?
- Progesterone Benefits and side effects?
- Using Estriol lotion By Community Drug Pharmacy.
- A Look at Black Cohosh by Dr. Marcus Laux.
- Black Cohosh Tests show conflicting data.
- Plastic - Endocrine disruptor.
- Why Not Soy? Side effects, and pregnancy issues.
- Acceleration of the aging process
- Autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and thyroiditis
- Breast cancer
- Breast tenderness
- Cervical dysplasia (abnormal cells on the bottom third of the cervix)
- Cold hands and feet
- Decreased reproductive drive
- Dry eyes
- Foggy thinking
- Hair loss
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Magnesium deficiency
- Memory loss
- Mood swings
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Sluggish metabolism
- Uterine cancer
- Water retention
- Weight gain, especially abdomen, hips, thighs
- Zinc deficiency
Source: National Institutes of Health
Hormonal Imbalances Can Cause or Worsen:
Alternative Therapies for Managing Menopausal Symptoms
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine www.nccam.nih.gov
Use of Botanicals for Management of Menopausal Symptoms
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologyogists www.acog.org
Menopause & Hormones
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office on Women's Health www.fda.gov
Menopause - A pathfinder
Melpomene Institute www.melpomene.org
North American Menopause Society www.menopause.org
The Hormone Foundation www.hormone.org